Why this initiative?
Understanding where your products have been produced, by whom and under which circumstances, is crucial. Getting the data from suppliers and keeping it up to date, is a costly and time-consuming exercise. Fashion companies need increasingly reliable data, therefore Modint decided to look for a solution that could help their members.
Being a frontrunner in providing transparency in supply chains, SIM is widely used in the food and non-food industry. SIM Supply Chain services retailers and producers all over Europe with their hands-on, no nonsense solution. Modint and SIM share a mission for the future: Support companies in their Due Diligence process and bring about global positive impact at the same time.
SIM and Modint combined their experience and knowledge to develop a fashion specific Supply Chain Management data model. This resulted in an add-on for the SIM tool which supports companies to collect data regarding their supply chain and keep it up to date. Experts in the fashion industry have assisted in setting the requirement of what this clever solution should be capable of:
• Reports for signatories of the Dutch Agreement on Sustainable Garments and Textile
• Insight in tasks for both clients and suppliers
• Insight in objective evidence
• Insight in Tier 1, Tier 2 and further down the chain
• Up to date and single source of truth
• Questionnaires based on fashion industry specific standards
• Support for certificates of existing auditing initiatives (for example BSCI, BEPI, HIGG, Social Labour Convergence, Oekotex-100 etc)
• Analysis / reporting
The Modint Fashion add-on for SIM Supply Chain
This solution allows buyers and suppliers in the fashion industry to cooperate in providing the right data at the right time.
Web based, plug and play but tailored to your needs.
A web-based tool facilitates a flexible, scalable and centrally managed way of working. It is plug and play but can be tailored to the needs of the individual fashion company.
• Centralisation of information
• Storage of evidence
• Up to date information
• Single source of truth for all departments
• GPS location
• Configured to fit the organisations
• A supplier database: map all suppliers that have been involved in creating your product, including Commercial, Technical, Social & Environmental performance
• Product Specifications: to cover content, quality & safety testing and certifications linked to the suppliers involved
• Business Intelligence: to analyse the data
• Insight in compliance of the product and/or supplier
Product data in the Modint Fashion Add-on
The Fashion Add-on is designed to customise the SIM Supply Chain tool to the needs of the fashion (and related) industry. Modint assists in building up the database with industry specific data and keeps it up to date. The cooperation of SIM and Modint results in a collective tool, based on industry expertise and continuous improvement by feedback from its users. A collective tool will contribute to an efficient practice of Due Diligence of its users.
• Based on industry specific and general international guidelines
• Risks as stated in the Dutch Agreement on Sustainable Garments and Textile
risks are included
• Based on fashion specific product structure and supply chain
• General product safety
• Chemical safety
• Quality requirements
• Packing requirements
Dashboards and Reports
User friendly and customisable dashboards and reports will help you to use the data for different purposes. We understand that data needs to be translated to information. The fashion add-on will offer exactly that!
Questions or in-house session? Contact Miriam Geelhoed
Curious of who is already working with SIM? Click here
Arnhemse Bovenweg 100
3708 AG ZEIST
3700 AT Zeist
K.v.K. Utrecht 40534321